The IT Manager is a hands-on role, managing the Systems Engineering and Support Desk, both of which are an outsourced function, to deliver the network and applications platform to achieve the goals of Colmore.
This position builds the capabilities to design and optimally build-out infrastructure systems. This includes organizing and managing technical staff, vendor management, and overall operations infrastructure, and developing, standardizing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas, their evolution and growth in the near and long-term.
The role includes the management of Colmore’s Data and Application Management team, a core internal development team responsible for Colmore’s application platform and data engineering solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement the strategic plan related to the stable, secure and cost effective operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Recommends and manages short and long term projects designed to meet business requirements for infrastructure functionality, performance, availability, cost and business continuity needs while taking into account business direction and growth strategies.
- Work closely with outsourcing partners on the design and administration of cloud architecture, network systems, storage solutions, and virtual environments.
- Day to day management of Colmore’s Data and Application Management team. The team are responsible for Colmore’s core business applications and the development of proprietary Data Warehouse.
- Ensures compliance to, infrastructure related IT governance, Legal and Regulatory required policies and procedures, such as access management and change management
- Leads a diverse IT team: communicates job expectations; assembles and coordinates project team members; assign individual responsibilities, planning, monitoring, measuring, and appraising job results to measurable goals and detect potential performance problems, provide feedback for corrective action.
- Organizes and manages all phases of projects to ensure on-time, scope and within budget.
- Demonstrates ability to lead initiatives in planning, developing and executing business process re-engineering activities and creates sustainable, strong and repeatable processes integrated into day-to-day operations.
- Demonstrates trouble shooting and critical thinking skills. Manages strategic outsourcing partnerships resulting in scalable and repeatable resourcing of projects.
- Design and implement short and long term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Define hardware, software and communication standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Develop testing methodologies for infrastructure performance and security.
- Describes work flow and systems applications in a clear, concise manner.
- You will serve as an expert and leader and work closely with Office 365 technologies
- Develop proposed budgets and manage operational costs; conduct near and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- Provide details for completion of RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of information technology infrastructure and IT systems including cloud architectures, server technologies, and communication technologies
- Strong leadership skills, technical acumen and critical thinking to build strong engineering and team capabilities
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, manage competing agendas and priorities
- Proven project and team management experience
- English (fluent – oral and written)
- Forward thinking, creative, efficient
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining commitment to quality
- Keeping pace with emerging technologies
Download job description