Colmore was founded on one idea: to empower those who invest in private markets. To make it more accessible and transparent. Private investments that are, well, a little less private and a little more open. With customers at the center of our decision making, we are building industry-defining products and services for the fintech era, designed to give investors control, clarity, and confidence. We’ve expanded rapidly, growing our team, year on year. We are building a business for the long-term. We need your help to achieve our goals.
We operate from four offices located in New York and Dallas in the US, and London and Birmingham in the UK. Our team employs more than 200 professionals, with the business monitoring over 3,000 private market funds and 40,000+ holdings.
Business Development at Colmore, A Preqin Company, is the engine that drives our growth and our Sales Development Representative is the beating heart of that engine. Our Sales Development Representatives are the first point of contact for our new business opportunities.
This is a highly visible role that makes a direct and significant impact in our business. Additionally, the Sales Development Representative role provides boundless opportunities for both personal and professional growth. The Sales Development team serves as a launchpad to accelerate your career at Colmore. For those driven to exceed expectations, career paths at Colmore are endless.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact between Colmore and prospective clients to help build and nurture new business opportunities.
- Source and generate new business opportunities through direct outreach and targeted marketing campaigns
- Leverage leading-edge sales and marketing tools to research and identify ideal personas to prospect
- Perform high volume outbound prospecting through emailing campaigns, calls and research tools such as LinkedIn or Salesforce
- Schedule and proactively set up meetings between qualified leads and Sales Executives
- Act as consultants – our clients appreciate the value of our services and technology for new target operating models, so we take the time to understand those needs and address them head on
- Connect with prospects through written and verbal communication
- Work closely with account executives to understand prospect needs, and for continued knowledge development
- Prospect into accounts, searching for key points of contact
- Strive for daily, weekly, and monthly demo goals, while providing excellent experience for prospective customers
- Create outreach strategies for new lead generation methods
Key requirement for this role:
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Have experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other similar prospecting applications while keeping track of and nurture leads
- Naturally and highly curious – ask thorough and pointed questions, guiding potential clients through needs analysis and discovery sessions to qualify the lead and drive new opportunities
- Stellar and professional communicators, both verbally and in their written works
- Possess strong negotiation skills and can effectively close leads
- Self-motivated, dedicated, and driven to succeed
- Love to meet and exceed goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Must be analytical and able to work on own initiative, with a desire to learn and improve.
- Microsoft Office Products, with a strong focus on advanced excel, Powerpoint and word skills.
- Proficient with workflow and collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, AHA!, Microsoft Teams and PowerBI.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to inspire others
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- 11 Holidays – regular full-time employees are eligible to paid holidays during each calendar year.
- 20 Vacation days – In a calendar year full-time and part-time employees will be granted vacation accrual on a pro-rata basis.
- 10 Sick / Personal days – full-time employees are eligible for paid sick/personal days annually.
- Quarterly Awards program (RARE Recognizing and Rewarding Excellence) designed to provide employees with an opportunity to nominate colleagues in recognition for demonstrating values and behaviours that are important to the organisation.
- Hiring the right talent across Colmore is key to our success, as a way to promote finding great talent we have a Recruitment referral bonus program in place, where you could receive a $3,000 bonus.
- Anniversary Service Awards.
- 401k – Safe Harbor Matching with 100% company match up to 3% and 50% match up to 5%.
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental & vision – company pays 80% of premiums. We also offer company paid life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Commuter benefits: parking & mass transit.
Training and Development:
Colmore offers comprehensive technical and leadership training to all employees. Our initial training is provided in the first few weeks of joining us and provides you with up-to-date technical and industry knowledge, coupled with leadership and people management skills. At Colmore we want to grow with our employees by helping to fully develop their talents and abilities. Employees are encouraged to study for appropriate professional qualifications and to attend course that enable them to perform their job more effectively
Our company Values:
Performance: Enable, recognise and reward achievements
Loyalty: To each other
Conviction: Be emboldened by fact-based decisions
Teamwork: Take individual ownership and collective responsibility
Respect: Celebrate our differences
Tenacity: We persevere despite adversity
Adaptability: Embrace change
The Company is an equal opportunities employer, and we actively promote an environment that harnesses diversity in the workplace. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.